Saturday, March 1, 2014

Norton Wedding

 I said to myself after I was finished my first wedding cake "I wouldn't do that again"... Clearly I'm a women of my word :)   My co-worker got married last weekend and floated the idea of making her wedding cake months before the planning started, I could have backed out- but I didn't.  I think I was ready for the challenge again even thought it makes me really nervous.  My co-workers was very easy to work with and essentially gave me free reign in the design.  I researched wafer paper flowers for her cake.  They are actually pretty easy to work with and look really pretty.  I took this craftsy class and watched the videos on mycakeschool.com as well as many other websites I looked at to help me figure these things out.   I also make sugar cookies for my co-worker's dessert table as well.  Picture of the assembly and final product below.  Enjoy!


The bottom cakes were styrofoam dummies, the top two were real cake.  I made sheet cakes for the staff to cut in the back.



 Making the wafer paper flowers... I airbrushed the color onto the paper.


 Flowers are ready for transport...

Cake ready for transport...





Decorating the Cookies...



The finished cake.  I secured the flowers with a little white chocolate and drove the leaves into the sytrofoam. 

All ready for the bride...




Cookies on Display- ready to be taken home and eaten...

Cake all packed up and ready to be taken home as well...

The beautiful Bride and Handsome groom cutting the cake...

No comments: